1637 Virtual Teams Management – Methods, Techniques and Tools
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Tina Jukić, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- Students understand the particularities of virtual teams functioning
- Students know how to use tools for support of virtual teams management
- Students know how to use different methods and techniques for support of virtual teams management
- Ability to effciently and effectively lead and collaborate in virtual teams
- Abilty to select and use suitable methods and techniques for leading and collaborating in virtual teams
- Ability to select and use suitable tools for support of virtual teams management
- Development of virtual organizations
- Characteristics of virtual organizations
- Particularities of virtual teams
- The pros and cons of virtual teams
- Virtual team establishment
- Communication tools for virtual teams
- Communication protocols in virtual teams
- Tools for collaboration in virtual teams
- Methods and techniques for efficient meetings in virtual teams
- Methods and techniques for document management in virtual teams
- Tools for project management in virtual teams
- Duarte, D. L. in Tennant Snyder, N. (2006) Mastering Virtual Teams: Strategies, Tools, and Techniques That Succeed, 3rd Edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Zofi, Y. (2011). A Manager's Guide to Virtual Teams. New York: American Management Association.
- Edmondson, A. C. (2012). Teamwork on the fly: How to master the new art of teaming? Harvard Business Review, April, str. 72–80.
- Ferrazzi, K. (2014). Getting virtual teams right. Harvard Business Review, December.
- Berry, G.R. (2011). Enhancing effectiveness on virtual teams. Understanding why traditional team skills are insufficient. Journal of Business Communication, 48 (2), 186–206.
- Vsebine v e-učilnici. / Content in the e-learning environment (Moodle).
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Student will be able to recognize suitable methods, techniques and tools to support communication, collaboration and management of virtual teams.
- He/she will be able to use suitable methods, techniques and tools for virtual teams management.
- He/she will be able to develop a plan for virtual team management.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Lectures and practical work in computer laboratory
- Case study
- Seminar work with presentation
- Written or oral exam (60%)
- Seminar work with presentation (40%)
Seminar work has to be submitted before the exam.