- Study programme and level: University Study Programme in Administrative Information Science - 1st Cycle
- 1st year
- 7 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 105
- Lecturer: Tatjana Jovanović , PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- discovers the basic concepts and principles of economic theory, as well as the basic methods used in economic analysis,
- discovers the basic theoretical microeconomic and macroeconomic issues,
- links the theoretical economic issues with the characteristics of Slovenian market society,
- analyzes and evaluates the decisions and measures of economic policies, particularly relevant for the public sector,
- analyzes the interdependence of economy and public sector.
- is able to assess the structure and functioning of markets and national economy,
- is able to analyze different types of market structures in practice,
- is able to assess the economic policy measures in the public sector,
- is able to link the legality of goods economy, the theory of production, role of the state with the economic problems of modern economies,
- is able to analyze practical examples.
- Fundamental Principles of Economic Theory on Micro and Macro Level
- Economic Problems of Society and Individuals
- Market Mechanism (Supply and Demand)
- Monopoly and Oligopoly
- Models of Market Structure and entrepreneurship
- Gross Domestic Product
- Unemployment and Inflation
- Foreign Trade Policy
- Exchange Rate Policy and Balance of Payments
- Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy
- SETNIKAR CANKAR, Stanka, HROVATIN, Nevenka(2007). Temelji ekonomije. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- ARISTOVNIK, Aleksander et al. (2007). Temelji ekonomije – vprašanja in primeri z rešitvami. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- ARISTOVNIK, Aleksander et al. (2012). Temelji ekonomije – vprašanja in primeri z rešitvami II. del. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- PRAŠNIKAR, Janez, DOMADENIK, Polona, KOMAN, Matjaž. (2015). Mikroekonomija. Ekonomska fakulteta, Ljubljana. (izbrana poglavja).
- HROVATIN, Nevenka. (2009). Temelji mikroekonomije. Ekonomska fakulteta, Ljubljana. (izbrana poglavja).
- TAJNIKAR, Maks. (2015). Makroekonomika. Ekonomska fakulteta, Ljubljana. (izbrana poglavja).
- SAMUELSON, P. A., NORDHAUS, W. D. (2010). Economics.McGraw-Hill, New York. (izbrana poglavja iz tematike mikroekonomije in makroekonomije).
4. Intended learning outcomes
- is able to understand the basic economic issues and legitimacies and link them with the other subjects,
- is able to handle a specific economic issue and provide the findings to the others,
- is able to communicate about economic ideas and arguments and apply those ideas to the field of public sector activities,
- is able to read general economic papers and identify the issue, place it in perspective, evaluate the arguments and consequences from the public sector perspective.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Practical work
- Written exam (can be passed with two tests) (100%)