670 Theory of Organisation
- Study programme and level: University Study Programme in Administrative Information Science - 1st Cycle
- 1st year
- 7 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 105
- Lecturer: Nina Tomaževič, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- examine the understanding of the organization and processes in the modern business environment
- analyze the possibilities of dealing with organizational work problems
- organizational problems solved by using scientific methods and procedures
- find key elements for achieving excellence in organization,
- discover and use of organizational solutions.
- ability to apply knowledge gained in the development organizational theories
- understanding the general structure of theory and practice of organization and interaction between its sub-disciplines,
- capacity for critical analysis and problem solving of organization
- ability to ensure continuous improvement of the organization, processes and products and / or services.
- Definition of org. theory and notions of org.
- Structures of organisation
- Development of organisational science
- Preliminary studies of organisation
- Classical theories of organisation
- Neoclassical theories of organisation
- Modern theory of organisation
- Learning organisation
- Theories of quality
- Organisational development
- Plan of an organisation
- Ivanko, Š.: Teorija organizacije. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2014, 430 str.
- Ivanko, Š.: Temelji organizacije. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2007, drugo poglavje
- DAFT, Richard L.: Organization Theory & Design. West Publishing Company, New York, 2013, izbrana poglavja, 80 str.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Students will be able to understand and manage the Interaction of factors affecting the functioning of the organization.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- tutoring (for individual learning)
- Written (or oral) examination (100%)