828 Corporate Social Responsibility
- Study programme and level: Interdisciplinary University Study Programme in Administrative Information Science - 1st Cycle
- 2nd or 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Nina Tomaževič, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- students identify and understand the terms organisation and social unit, they differentiate between governance, management and leadership, they understand the difference between effectiveness and efficiency,
- students acquire detailed knowledge in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR) – understand the terms stakeholders and CSR, it's historical development and the definitions, opinions pro et contra, reporting about CSR and CSR in public administration,
- on theoretical basis and through ethical dilemmas they understand business ethics and it's relation with law, morality and sustainable development,
- students identify and understand the definitions excellence and their connection with CSR. They acquaint detailed knowledge of excellence and the model of excellence for public administration,
- students independently solve assignments on corporate social responsibility and business ethics and present the findings.
- students will acquire capacity to connect and share the knowledge of management, CSR and excellence into praxis,
- students will be able to identify and analyse the problems in praxis and in the field of business administration,
- students will be able to explain and compare the facts in the fields of management, CSR and excellence,
- students will be able to form the suggestions for problems solving and their interpretation in administrative praxis,
- they will be able to understand praxis in the field of CSR in Slovenian and European context,
- students will develop the capacity to acquire the information and to use the acquired information as well as the ability to communicate them in written or orally,
- students will develop the capacity to respect ethical principles and commitment to professional ethics in their environment.
- Basic terms and definitions in the field of management
- Organisation and social unit
- Governance, management, leadership
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Historical development of corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Definition of CSR
- Opinions pro et contra CSR
- Future development of corporate social responsibility
- Reporting about CSR
- CSR in public administration
- Business ethics
- Definition of business ethics
- Business ethics and law, business ethics and moral
- Globalisation and sustainable development
- CRS as a basic principle of excellence
- Quality, excellence, innovativeness
- Excellence tools and awards
- Excellence model for public administration
- TOMAŽEVIČ, Nina: Družbena odgovornost in odličnost javne uprave. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2011. 319 str.
- CRANE, Andrew, MATTEN, Dirk: Business Ethics. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2015, izbrana poglavja.
- primeri družbeno (ne)odgovornega ravnanja in etične dileme - v e-učilnici.
- članki v e-učilnici in na predavanjih.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of management, corporate social repsonsibiliy and excellence, of business ethics and sustainable development. Capacity to solve study problems and use of knowledge in praxis, ability to acquire and use the infomation with up-to-date ICT.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Lectures, individual and group assignments, articles, films, e-learning
- Written exam (60%)
- Seminar work (40%)