1626 Project Management
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 45
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Jože Benčina, PhD and Aleksander Aristovnik, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- understands project management as a guide of the successful execution of work processes
- knows and understands the key roles in the organisation of project
- understands how to lead team and individuals
- analyses the project and uses the network planning method to decompose it into phases and tasks which are then joined to a network model,
- understands the meaning of the basic economic valuating of the projects and chooses and uses appropriate methods for evaluation of investment projects.
- to control basic project management parameters and to use suitable methods and information and communication technology for the achieving project goals
- to plan and solve concrete problems related to the usage of project management approaches and methods
- to work in a project team
- to valuate project and project results and outcomes.
- Project conception and initiation
- Project planning
- Products planning
- Network programming
- Project organization
- Project leadership
- Project monitoring and controlling
- Project closure
- Financial mathematic basic
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Evaluating project effectiveness
- Public investment project decision making
- STARE, Aljaž (2012). Projektni management: teorija in praksa. Ljubljana: Agencja Poti, (izbrana poglavja) 280 str.
- DEVJAK, Srečko (2004). Kvantitativne metode za analize v upravi. 2. Ponatis (4. poglavje). Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- HAUC Anton (2002).Projektni management. GV Založba, Ljubljana
- LUCEY, Terry (2002). Quantitative Techniques, 6. izdaja (poglavja 22 do 29).ACCA, London .
- KERZNER, Harold (2004). Advanced Project Management, 2. izdaja.John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- understand basic concepts of project management: goals, models, project organisation, planning and supervising of project performance,
- are able to use project model at the optimisation of project goals,
- are competent to judge the results in term of their meaning and interprets influence of the data modification on the effects of calculations
- are capable of designing of the model of project evaluation and using it in chose practical case.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- student preparations for tutorials
- seminar paper or project work
- written and/or oral exam (80%)
- seminar or project work and/or oral exam (20%)