1623 Public Services
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 45
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Mirko Pečarič, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- student knows the basic principles and criteria for the definition of public services and basic characteristics of a specific legal regime of public services.
- Student can identify and distinguish various types and ways and forms of public service.
- Student is able to analyze the implementation of specific public services in specific cases.
- Students are familiar with the basic guidelines of public service arrangements in the EU and future trends
- understanding of the basic reasons for the creation of public service
- ability to distinguish different types and forms of public services
- Understanding of content and other institutions relevant to the understanding of law and public service providers to differentiate them from public service
- Ability to understand, identify and interpret with the operation of public service-related problems in their environment and society,
- ability to design appropriate solutions and applications of certain rules on the organization and functioning of public services in specific cases
- The definition of public services (concept, creation and development of public services, their role and importance in society, regulation in the EU, the nature of public services)
- The legal regime of public service (conditions for the creation, the manner and forms of implementation, the protection of consumer rights, finance and control)
- The liberalization of public services
- Forms of implementation of the utilities (overhead facility, a public commercial institution, a public company, the concession of public capital investment)
- Overhead plant, a public company and commercial public institution (the creation, the founder's rights, authorities, financing)
- The concession and public capital investment
- Forms of implementing non-commercial public service
- Public Service and concession
- Public infrastructure in the area of public service
- Financing of public services
- Control of public service
- Other public service and public interest activities
- Pečarič M. (2019). Javne službe: storitve splošnega pomena v službi javnosti. Beletrina, Ljubljana.
- Brezovnik B. (2008). Izvajanje javnih služb in javno-zasebno partnerstvo, Inštitut za lokalno samoupravo in javna naročila, Maribor, str. 1-248.
- Sauter, W. Public Services in EU Law (2011). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, str. 1-154.
- Szyszczak, E. Davies, J., Andenæs, M., BekkedalE T. (2011). Developments in Services of General Interest. Springer, Hague, str. 1−179.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- learns about and understands an underlying reason for the creation of public services and basic principles of their operation,
- knows and understands the organization and operation of public services,
- knows user’s rights and their protection.
- is able to distinguish public service from other activities that are also in the public interest,
- knows how to solve questions related to different forms of public services and their implementers.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Case study
- Problem based learning
- Written or oral exam (100%)