1620 Social Administrative Procedures
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 45
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Tina Sever, PhD and Polonca Kovač, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- students know fundamentals, principles and legal sources of social security and insurance systems;
- students know and understand administrative procedural activities of different authoritative bodies in compulsory social insurances in the competence of Social Work Centres, Pension and Disability, and Health Insurance Institute, and Employment Service;
- understand course and particularities of compulsory social insurances, social and parental protection and family benefits procedures in comparison with General Administrative Procedure Act;
- apply procedural rules of selected administrative areas in practice in compliance with sector specific laws and GAPA;
- have knowledge to solve easier legal issues in practice;
- understand purpose and lessons of judicial protection in compulsory social insurances rights.
- ability to conduct less complex special administrative procedures in practice;
- ability of analysis and solution of simpler legal issues on the field;
- master purpose, forms and procedures of legal protection in the field of social security.
- Regulation of social security system, constitutional and international legal grounds
- Substantive regulation of compulsory social insurances, parental protection, family benefits and social protection
- Compulsory social insurances and social and family rights as administrative matter, purpose and application of Administrative Procedure Act
- Rights and enforcement procedures of compulsory pension and invalidity insurance rights
- Competence in pension and invalidity matters, role of commissions, status and position of insurance holders
- Phases of procedures when deciding on compulsory pension and invalidity matters
- Rights, participants and procedures when enforcing compulsory health insurance rights
- Phases of procedures when deciding on compulsory health insurance matters
- Rights, participants and procedures when dealing with matters in the field of Employment Service of Slovenia
- Enforcement procedures of administrative-legal rights and obligations in the field of Social Work Centres
- Execution of decisions on rights and obligations in social and family security matters and decisions on compulsory social insurances rights and obligations
- Judicial protection when dealing with social security and family security matters and compulsory social insurances
- Bagari, S., Strban, G. (2019). Podobnosti in razlike med upravnimi in socialnimi zadevami. Pravosodni bilten, št. 1, str. 9-24.
- Bubnov Škoberne, A., Strban G. (2010). Pravo socialne varnosti. Ljubljana: GV Založba (prvi del).
- Jerovšek, T., Kovač, P. (2008). Posebni upravni postopki. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo, 71 str.
- Kovač, P. (ur.), Remic, M., Sever, T. (2015). Upravno-procesne dileme 3 v posebnih upravnih postopkih: 90 vprašanj z odgovori, sodno prakso in uvodno študijo o enakem varstvu pravic na področjih socialne varnosti, šolstva, prostora in gradenj, notranjih zadev ter davčnega in inšpekcijskega nadzora, Ljubljana: UL RS, 50 str.
- Kresal, B., Kresal Šoltes, K., Strban, G. (2016). Social security law in Slovenia. 3rd ed. Alphen aan den Rijn: Wolters Kluwer, 30 str.
- Novak, B. (red.) (2019): Komentar Družinskega zakona, Uradni list Republike Slovenije, izbranih 30 str.
- Rangus, A. (2018). Veliki komentar Zakona o pokojninskem in invalidskem zavarovanju (ZPIZ-2) : obvezno pokojninsko in invalidsko zavarovanje ter poklicno zavarovanje. Ljubljana, 55 str.
- Sodna praksa in druga študijska gradiva, posredovana v e-učilnici in na vajah ter portal Upravna svetovalnica. Ljubljana: FU in MJU, www.fu.uni-lj.si/mediawiki/index.php.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding: Student will:
- apply rules of general and special administrative procedures to different real life events
- solve concrete legal issues in the field of social security in practice;
- examine regulation of selected social rights;
- identify sectoral procedural problems and outline solutions thereof
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- student preparations for tutorials
- case study
- problem based learning
- written and/or oral exam (60%)
- assignments and active participation in lectures and tutorials (20%)
- Midterm-colloquium (20%)