1639 Adanced Use of Excel for Data Management in Business Environemnt
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Mitja Dečman, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- student understands and uses data modelling for information retrieval
- student is able to use software tools for querying data in databases based on business data
- student knows methods and tools for data querying and analysing
- student know software tools for data transfer to web environment
- student understands concepts of web presentation of data and information
- student can break down and analyse web presentations.
- student develops capabilities of usage of information and telecommunication technology for gathering, management and distribution of data
- is able to individually build and make data models, adapted analyses, dashboards and develop key performance indicators
- knows how to use basic DAX for dynamic analysis
- can use Excel PowerPivot, PowerView in PowerMap.
- The impact of information technology on the process of gathering, analysis and presenting data and information
- Excel functionalities for data analysis and information gathering
- Excel functionalities for data visualization
- The use of Excel's Power Pivot Tool
- The use of Excel's Power Map Tool using database and multiple tables
- Introducing Web technologies
- Web presentation approaches for data
- Mark-up languages for presenting data on the Web (HTML and XML)
- Practical implementation of simple Web presentations of data
- DEČMAN, M. (2017). Napredna raba excela za uporabo podatkov v poslovnem okolju prosojnice. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- McFedries, P. (2016). Teach yourself visually Excel 2016, Indianapolis: J. Wiley & Sons, cop. 2016. Izbrana poglavja, 120 str.
- Collie, R., in Singh, A. (2016). Power Pivot and Power BI: The Excel User’s Guide to DAX, Power Query, Power BI & Power Pivot in Excel 2010-2016 (2 edition). Uniontown, OH: Holy Macro! Books. Izbrana poglavja, 80 str.
- Vsebine v spletni učilnici.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- knows and uses practical approach toward data modelling.
- knows software tools for data management in business environment
- can independently construct a simple database and analytically manage data
- knows the concepts of web presentation of data and information.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- practical work in laboratory
- written or spoken exam (40%)
- practical exam (60%)
To get the final grade the following condition must be met:
- Exam must be positive (must more than 50 %),
- Al segments must be positive (more than 50 %).