1636 Digital Marketing
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Tina Jukić, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- Understands the role of specific elements of web-site optimization for search engines (SEO)
- Understands key principles of search marketing
- Recognizes marketing potentials of social media and e-mail
- Is acquainted with key web analytics indicators
- Is acquainted with digital marketing tools
- Ability to select appropriate digital marketing channels for specific organization
- Ability to actively participate in the digital marketing strategy development
- Ability to critically evaluate digital marketing approaches
- What is marketing?
- Types of marketing and specificities of digital marketing
- Definition of digital marketing
- Key areas of digital marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Introduction to search marketing (»pay-per-click« marketing)
- Retargeting and remarketing
- Introduction to social media marketing
- Introduction to e-mail marketing
- Introduction to digital marketing strategy
- Digital marketing tools
- Basics of web analytics
- Levy, C. A. (2020). Facebook marketing for business 2020 & online strategies (izbrana poglavja).
- Odabasi, K. (2019). Digital Marketing Strategies: Ultimate Guide to SEO, Google Ads, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Social Media, Email Newsletters (izbrana poglavja). ISBN 9781793365866.
- Adams, R. L. (2015). SEO 2016 : learn search engine optimization. Milton Keynes : Lightning Source.
- Kothand, M. (2019). 300 Email Marketing Tips: Critical Advice And Strategy To Turn Subscribers Into Buyers & Grow A Six-Figure Business With Email. ISBN: 1098935470.
- Vsebine v e-učilnici. / Content in the e-learning environment (Moodle).
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Describes and compares digital marketing fields and its potentials
- Defines and prepares (for specific scenarios) elements of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Selects and uses suitable social networking site for marketing of specific organization/product/service
- Evaluates the quality of selected digital marketing approaches
- Uses tools for digital marketing
- Inteprets key web analyitics results
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Student preparations for lectures
- Practical work in computer laboratory
- Case study
- Seminar paper
- Written or/and oral exam (60%)
- Seminar paper with presentation (40%)
Seminar paper has to be submitted before the exam.