733 Methodological Practicum
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Janez Stare, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- testing different methods and techniques of learning
- find key elements of the style of their own work
- find the similarities and differences in methods and techniques of professional and scientific research work
- use different methods of creative collaboration
- select a suitable approach to writing professional works
- ability to choose the most appropriate methods of education and learning
- understand the methods and techniques that affect for designing their own work style
- ability to choose and use methods and techniques of research work
- ability to creative collaboration
- ability to write professional works and technical work.
- Active participation in the educational process
- Design style of their own work
- Methods in professional and scientific work
- Methods and techniques of creative collaboration
- Writing professional works
- Ivanko, Š.: Upravni praktikum I. (elektronski vir), Metodološki seminar o dejavnem in ustvarjalnem sodelovanju pri strokovnem in znanstvenem delu). Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2007, III. dopolnjena in razširjena izdaja. 137 strani.
- Babbiie. E. R.: The Practice of Social Research. New York, 1998. Izbrana poglavja 50 strani.
- Cooper R. Donald & Schindler S. Pamela. Business Research Methods – Six Edition, Irwin McGraw-Hill, New York, 1998. Izbrana poglavja 50 strani.
- Dimovski, Penger in Škerlavaj: Metode raziskovalnega dela. Ekonomska fakulteta, Ljubljana, 2002. Izbrana poglavja 50 strani.
4. Intended learning outcomes
The student knows the methods and techniques of teaching, learning, research, and group creation. It is capable of classification of those methods and techniques as well as their preferred choice. On the basis of knowledge known elements, rules and techniques of professional text writing, and it also formulated.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- (group) presentation
- case study
- problem based learning
- individual tutorial
- Written (and/or oral) examination (condition: positive evaluation of the exam) (60 %)
- Active participation (individual and/or group work, e-learning, test, essay) course work (seminar work, project work, oral presentation of work) (40 %)
Final assessment of the course is the sum of the time commitments (oral exam, written exam) and other partial estimates of commitments for this period.