1669 Civil Servants Relations
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Valentina Franca, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- thorough acquaintance with civil servants relations;
- to teach students how to use labour law principles in connections with civil servants relations;
- to provide students the ability to differentiate among different labour law positions in the system of civil servants;
- ability to use elementary legal institutes and ability to use them secondarily or/and as subsidiary tools in the area of civil servants relations;
- acquire wide knowledge of the most important legal institutes, such as pay system and promotion, in the area civil servants relations;
- knowledge of essential characteristics of collective regulation in the area civil servants relations;
- the ability for critical analysis of specific parts of the legal system as well as for forming incentives for the changes in the area of civil servants relations;
- the ability to understand the consequences of breaching legal norms in the area of civil servants relations.
- The definition and theoretical background of the system of civil servants
- The role of international law in the regulation of civil servant relations
- Delimitation of labour law and civil servants law
- Principles of regulating civil servant relations
- Employment relationship and employment contract of a civil servant
- Rights and obligation in civil servant relations
- Salary system and promotion in public sector
- The positions of directors in the public sector
- The importance of collective agreements and social dialogue for civil servant relations
- Settlement of disputes in civil servant relations
- Rakar, I. in B. Tičar, B. 2017. Pravo javne uprave. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo.
- Haček, M. 2015. Sistem javnih uslužbencev v Republiki Sloveniji. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za družbene vede.
- Temeljna zakonodaja s področja delovnih razmerij: Zakon o delovnih razmerjih, Zakon o urejanju trga dela, Zakon o kolektivnih pogodbah, Zakon o stavki, Zakon o reprezentativnosti sindikatov, Zakon o sodelovanju delavcev pri upravljanju.
- Temeljna zakonodaja s področja uslužbenskih razmerij: Zakon o javnih uslužbencih, Zakon o sistemu plač v javnem sektorju.
- Drugi izbrani pravni predpisi s področja predmeta in aktualna sodna praksa.
- Članki in druga gradiva, posredovana na predavanjih oziroma v e-učilnici.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Student will acquire:
- general theoretical knowledge about civil servants relations, which can be applied in practice and in further study and research;
- knowledge on civil servants relations and their importance for regulating the employment and social status of civil servants.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Frontal teaching with active students’ participation
- Work in smaller groups/pairs
- Independent research work of students
- Evaluation of the independent research work of students
- Written (or oral) exam, which has to be positive (at least 50 %) (60%)
- Short and long written assignments with presentation (40%)