649 Theory of Organisation
- Study programme and level: University degree programme Public sector governance 1st Cycle
- 1st year
- 7 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 105
- Lecturer: Nina Tomaževič, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- examine the understanding of the organization and processes in the modern business environment
- analyze the possibilities of dealing with organizational work problems
- organizational problems solved by using scientific methods and procedures
- find key elements for achieving excellence in organization,
- discover and use of organizational solutions.
- ability to apply knowledge gained in the development organizational theories
- understanding the general structure of theory and practice of organization and interaction between its sub-disciplines,
- capacity for critical analysis and problem solving of organization
- ability to ensure continuous improvement of the organization, processes and products and / or services.
- Definition of org. theory and notions of org.
- Structures of organisation
- Development of organisational science
- Preliminary studies of organisation
- Classical theories of organisation
- Neoclassical theories of organisation
- Modern theory of organisation
- Learning organisation
- Theories of quality
- Organisational development
- Plan of an organisation
- Ivanko, Š.: Teorija organizacije. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2014, 430 str.
- Ivanko, Š.: Temelji organizacije. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2007, drugo poglavje
- DAFT, Richard L.: Organization Theory & Design. West Publishing Company, New York, 2013, izbrana poglavja, 80 str.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students will be able to understand and manage the Interaction of factors affecting the functioning of the organization.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- tutorials (individual or gorup work)
- seminar work
- tutoring (for individual learning)
- Written (or oral) examination (100%).