829 Electronic Record Management Systems in Public Administration
- Study programme and level: University degree programme Public sector governance 1st Cycle
- 2nd or 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Mitja Dečman, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- Knows basic areas of electronic record management systems
- Understands legal background influencing usage of ERMS
- As aware of the latest trends and development in the area of ERMS
- Is able to use ERMS in public administration context
- Can use ERMS in accordance to legislation
- Knows the principles of electronic record management and the corresponding systems
- Develops capability of planning, analysing and implementing ERMS.
- The role of ERMS in the field of record management
- Tools and systems for electronic record management
- Standardization in the field of electronic record management
- Integration of ERMS systems to other information system in organisations
- Implementation of ERMS – steps and procedures
- ERMS in Slovenian public administration – legal aspects and current practice
- ERMS in EU – legislation (direcitves) covering this field
- Azad Adam, Implementing Electronic Document and Record Management Systems, ISBN-10: 0849380596, 280 strani.
- Izbrana poglavja v obsegu do 150 strani v Michael J. D. Sutton, Document Management for the Enterprise: Principles, Techniques, and Applications, ISBN-10: 0471147192.
- MoReq : model zahtev za upravljanje elektronskih dokumentov, 96 strani.
- Zborniki posvetovanj v organizaciji Slovenskega društva za informatiko (Dnevi slovenske informatike), društva MediaDoc (Dok_sis) in drugo.
- Other web resources and specialized portals.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Knows and uses approaches toward planning and implementation of ERMS
- Knows tools for record management on the market, their advantages and disadvantages
- Can define desired functionalities of ERMS for a specific organisational environment
5. Learning and teaching methods
- written or spoken exam
- seminar paper