692 Employment and Social Law
- Study programme and level: University degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Zvone Vodovnik, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- To provide students with knowledge about the identification of characteristics of the different types of the social relations in relation to the work and social issues. The ability to use the rules which regulate these relations.
- To provide students with knowledge about the regulations which have the key role in human resource management.
- To provide students the ability to differentiate among the different kinds of the legal regulations, which regulate the employment and social relations.
- To teach students how to use the fundamental legal principles which have the key role in the different legal subsystems.
- Ability to implement the historic and cultural basic stones of the law in order to the correct understanding and use of legal regulations in the area of the employment and social relations.
- Ability to use elementary legal institutes and ability to use them secondarily and as subsidiary tools in the area of the labour and social relations.
- The ability for the control over the implementation and use of the legal regulations on the micro level in works units. The ability to use the sanctions in works units in case of the violation of the legal regulations.
- The ability of the quality of the regulations form the point of view of the social development. The ability for critical analyses of the single parts of the legal system as well as for the forming incentives for the changes in this area.
- The historical and cultural bases of the employment and social law, its dimensions and the relation of this legal subsystem to other legal subsystems.
- The origins and the development of the employment law and social law. The constitutional and international bases of the employment and social law with an accent to the European law.
- Interdisciplinary aspects of employment and social relations and the linkage of the employment and social law to the doctrine of the human resource management and industrial relations.
- The legal regulation of the individual employment relations.
- The contracts of the employment law, the termination of the employment contract, the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the employees and the protection of rights of the employees.
- The legal regulation of the collective employment relations.
- The trade union freedom, employees’ participation in management and the strike.
- The social security systems in the world.
- The legal regulation of the system of the system of social security.
- The legal regulation of the employment and the insurances against the unemployment.
- The legal regulation of the pension and disability insurance as well as the health insurance and the family protection and family benefits.
- The legal regulation of the social welfare.
- Vodovnik, 2006, Poglavja iz delovnega in socialnega prava, Fakulteta za upravo, UL, Ljubljana
- Vodovnik, 2010, Osnove delovnega in socialnega prava, Gospodarski vestnik – v pripravi
- Vodovnik (ur),2008 Pravni položaj managerjev, Fakulteta za management, UP, Koper
- Bubnov Škoberne, Sterban, 2010, Pravo socialne varnosti, GV Založba, Ljubljana
- Labour Law and Industrial Relations – Slovenia, on line, Kluwer, Netherlands, 150 p.
4. Intended learning outcomes
The students gain basic knowledge about the wide area of the employment and labour law regulations as well as social security. They are capable to perform professional activities in the area of law in the field of the individual labour relations and collective labour relations, social insurances and social protection. They understand the regulations of different levels and they get the knowledge how to use the legal principles in interpretation of the regulations.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Case study
- written or oral exam (70%)
- tasks and active participation (30%)