1627 Personnel Management
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 3rd year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 45
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 45
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Tatjana Kozjek, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- describe development of personnel function
- select and test appropriate personnel management procedures
- find key elements for optimizing personnel management processes
- analyze and implement personnel management procedures
- select appropriate approaches to managing performance.
- ability to identify and analyse the problems of personnel management within the organization
- understanding and managing personnel management processes, procedures and tasks
- ability to develop system of personnel development
- ability to managing work performance, ability to understand and sharing of interdisciplinary aspects of organisation in practice of personnel management activities.
- Conceptual definitions
- Personnel function
- Job analysis
- The internal organisation and systematization
- Planning staff
- Recruitment process
- Employee development
- Career system
- Optimisation personnel management process
- Managing performance
- Reward and motivation
- Stare, J. Kadrovska dejavnost. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo. Interno gradivo objavljeno v e-učilnici predmeta, 77 str.
- Armstrong, M. (1998). A handbook of Personnel Management Practise (sixth edition), London: Kogan Page Limited. (izbrana poglavja, 100 str.)
- Mitchel, B., Gamlem, C. (2012). The Big Book of HR. New York: Career Press. Pompton Plains. (320 str.)
- Predpisi s področja urejanja kadrovske dejavnosti.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
- Students acquire competences to enable it to identify and understand specific aspects of personnel management activities. Understands the relationship of personnel management processes and their importance for the efficient and effective personnel management. Students acquire basic knowledge of optimization Personnel Management procedures and knowledge of the elements of performance management.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- student preparations for tutorials
- seminar paper
- project work
- Written and/or oral exam (condition: grade of the exam must be positive) (70%)
- Active collaboration (individual and/or group work, e-learning), seminar work (seminar paper, project work, account of the seminar work) (30%)
The final grade of the course is made out of those partial study works that student got them before the time of the written or/and oral exam was announced.