632 Administrative Operation
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 2nd year
- 8 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 60
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 120
- Lecturer: Janez Stare, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- using methods of work that promote customer satisfaction
- select an appropriate manner and form of business communication
- analyze and adjust the procedures of records management
- analyze the cost-effectiveness and safety of the administrative operation
- choose the appropriate organization of business events.
- the ability to design and to use a uniform business image of the organization
- the ability to manage relationships with customers
- the ability to control, critical evaluation and problem solving in the records management field
- ability to analyze and provide a safe and healthy working environment
- the ability to provide rationality in administrative opreation.
- The concept and role of administrative operation
- Uniform business image
- Official facilities and safety
- Culture of communication
- Document management
- Working procedures of document management
- Type, storage and protection of documents
- Protecting confidential data
- Streamlining of administrative operations
- Safety and Health at Work
- Organization of business events
- Public Information
- Stare, Janez: Upravno poslovanje. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2010.
- Kovač. P., Remic. M., Stare. J.: Uredba o upravnem poslovanju z uvodnimi pojasnili in z izvedbenimi akti. Uradni list, Ljubljana, 2008, v tisku, predvidena izdaja junij 2008, predviden obseg do 200 str.
- Janka, Franz. Arbeitsentlastung durch Sekretariat und Assistenz. Falken Verlag, Niederhausen, 2000, 207 str.
- Predpisi s področja upravnega poslovanja.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students will be able to understand the importance of a single image of an organization’s. They will be able to resolve issues related to the records management. Know the aspects of safe and healthy workplace, and streamlining administrative operations. Students will select and organize appropriate form of business events.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- (group) presentation
- case study
- problem based learning
- individual tutorial
- written (and / or oral) examination, may be conducted with two term examinations (both positive) (70%)
- coursework (30%)
- Final assessment of the course is the sum of the time commitments (oral exam, written exam) and other partial estimates of commitments for this period.