628 Administrative Law
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 2nd year
- 8 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 60
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 120
- Lecturer: Mirko Pečarič, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
General aims of the subject:
- Student distinguish between the fundamentals of general and special part of administrative law and its basic institutes
- Students are able to solve issues associated with the creation and use of administrative norms in the regulation of administrative relationships at the abstract and concrete level
- Students identify the issues that are important for proper legal and legitimate work of management at the national and local level
- Students can express their professional opinions on everyday issues and practices in the field of administrative law and administrative institutions
- Student masters the fundamental concepts and techniques of administrative law of administration
- Student is able to obtain information to create the necessary legislative solution
- Student is able to evaluate the data in the field of administrative law in the light of social, professional and ethical aspects
- Administrative law and related concepts (administrative science, management, governance)
- Administrative law as a legal discipline (the subject of administrative law, relation of administrative law to other legal branches)
- Sources of administrative law
- Administrative relation
- Administrative law norms and administrative acts (concept and types of norms and acts of government, separation from the political acts of the state)
- Dependence of administrative rules
- Consistency of legal norms and legal acts and the nature and consequences of non-compliance
- Administrative intervention in human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Liability for damages incurred in connection with the administrative activity of the state
- The personal status of the individual in terms of its rights, obligations and duties
- Public Good
- Transparency of state actions
- PEČARIČ, Mirko. Osnove splošnega upravnega prava. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2015.
- Šturm, Lovro: Omejitev oblasti, Nova revija, Ljubljana, 1998.
- Craig, Paul: Administrative Law, John Wiley & Sons, London, 1993, do str. 60.
- Braibant, Guy: Administrativno pravo Francuske. Beograd : Službeni list SRJ ; Podgorica : CID, 2002.
- Ivančević Velimir, Institucije upravnog prava, Zagreb, 1983.
- Pečarič, Mirko; Bugarič, Bojan: Javne službe, Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana, 2011.
- Pečarič, Mirko: Akti vladanja in upravni akti - ločnica v zakonu, megla v praksi. Javna uprava. Letn. 45, št. 4 (2009), str. 89-120.
- Materialni predpisi s področja javne uprave.
4. Intended learning outcomes
The student is trained to identify and understand the general and special part of administrative law. It is also able to understand the importance of the relationship between the individual and the state (government) and accordingly resolve administrative matters.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- seminar paper
- Case study
- seminar paper (30%)
- written exam (70%)