620 Constitutional Organisation
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1st Cycle
- 1st year
- 8 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 60
- Tutorial: 30
- Other forms of study: 30
- Individual work: 120
- Lecturer: Alenka Kuhelj, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- understands fundamental theoretical knowledge of the constitution as a manifold act,
- knows the Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia and its significance in the legal hierarchy,
- understands the role and significance of the European Union,
- to know and understand the origins and development of the constitution,
- the ability to interrelate sociological, politological and legal aspects of the constitution,
- knowledge of the constitution in the formal and substantive senses,
- understanding of the relationship between the constitutional order and other legal subjects,
- the ability to understand and apply knowledge of the European Union,
- The ability to systematically classify and interpret specific constitutional issues.
- Constitution as a manifold act;
- Basic characteristics of the Constitution of the
- Republic of Slovenia;
- General constitutional provisions;
- Human rights and basic freedoms;
- Economic and social relations;
- Arrangements of the National Assembly;
- Arrangements of the National Council;
- Arrangements for President of the Republic;
- Government regulation;
- Local Self-Government:
- Judiciary and state prosecutors;
- Republic of Slovenia as a member of the European Union.
- Kocjančič R., Grad F., Kaučič I., Ribičič C.: Ustavno pravo Slovenije, Fakulteta za upravo,četrta izdaja, Ljubljana, 2009, str. (pp.) 25 - 37; 69 - 231; 245 - 289; 297 - 299.
- Kaučič,I,Grad,F., Ustavna ureditev Slovenije, (5. izdaja), GV Založba, Ljubljana 2008.
- Ustava Republike Slovenije, Uradni list RS, št. (No.) 33/1991 (Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia, Official Gazette RS, No. 33/1991).
- Ustavni zakon o spremembi I. poglavja ustave ter 47 in 68. čl. Ustave Republike Slovenije, Uradni list RS, št. 7/2003 (Official Journal of the RS, No. 7/2003)
- Lizbonska pogodba, ki spreminja Pogodbo o Evropski uniji in Pogodbo o ustanovitvi Evropske
- skupnosti (MLP), Uradni list RS, št. 20/08, MP, št. 4/08 (Treaty of Lisbon amending the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty establishing the European Community, Official Gazette RS, No. 20/08, MP, No. 4/08).
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students become acquainted with and gain understanding of the contents and the nature of the constitution and its significance in the formation and operation of the society and the state.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- written or oral examination (70%),
- preliminary examination (30%).