1638 Salaries and Promotion of Civil Servants
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Valentina Franca, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- to provide students with knowledge about the legal subsystem of labour relations of civil servants and about their wider legal position,
- to inform students about the frames of legal acts of internal legal order as well as international legal regulations of the topics of labour law, salaries and promotion,
- to enable students to understand the meaning and possibilities of use of judicature and legal resources.
- students will be acquainted with the legal system and the place and the role of subsystems of labour law, legal regulations of the civil servants, especially the salary system and the system of promotion,
- they will be able to analyse the role and meaning of legal regulations and possibilities of their use in practice,
- they will be able to perform some research of the topics in the legal areas mentioned above.
- Introduction to the labour law, and the law regulating the position of civil servants.
- Constitutional and international bases of the salary system and promotion.
- The role of employment contract for salaries and promotion regulation.
- Protection of rights of civil servants in the area of salaries and the promotion.
- The regulation of salaries and promotions in the statute.
- The role of the Collective contract for the public sector.
- The role of the branch collective contracts.
- The role of the internal regulations of the employer.
- The case study of salary system and the promotion in the chosen public service (health).
- The role of employees’ representatives in regulation of the salary system and the system of promotion of civil servants.
- The differences of the regulation in the private sector o economy and the public sector.
- Recommended guidelines for improvements of the salary system and the system of promotion of civil servants.
- Rakar, I. in B. Tičar, B. 2017. Pravo javne uprave. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo.
- Haček, M. 2015. Sistem javnih uslužbencev v Republiki Sloveniji. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za družbene vede.
- Temeljna zakonodaja s področja delovnih razmerij: Zakon o delovnih razmerjih, Zakon o urejanju trga dela, Zakon o kolektivnih pogodbah, Zakon o stavki, Zakon o reprezentativnosti sindikatov, Zakon o sodelovanju delavcev pri upravljanju.
- Temeljna zakonodaja s področja uslužbenskih razmerij: Zakon o javnih uslužbencih, Zakon o sistemu plač v javnem sektorju.
- Drugi izbrani pravni predpisi s področja predmeta in aktualna sodna praksa.
- Članki in druga gradiva, posredovana na predavanjih oziroma v e-učilnici.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
- understanding of the constitutional bases of legal regulation of labour law and legal position of civil servants,
- knowledge and skills of stipulating of contracts
- of labour law and the regulation of salaries and promotion in the contracts,
- understanding of the system of individual and collective rights of civil servants in the area of salaries and promotion,
- knowledge about the differences between the legal regulation of salaries and promotion of persons employed in private sector and the public sector,
- Students will gain knowledge and ability of interdisciplinary approach to the regulation of salaries and promotion of civil servants.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Frontal teaching with active students’ participation
- Work in smaller groups/pairs
- Independent research work of students
- Evaluation of the independent research work of students
- Written or oral exam which has to be positive (at least 50 %) (60%)
- Short and long written assignments with presentation (40%)