0746 Preparation and Implementation of EU Co-Funding Project
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Aleksander Aristovnik, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- student understands the functioning of the financial incentives of the EU vis-à-vis the Member States
- student understands the role of the EU funds and the purpose of co-financing of projects at national and regional level
- student understands the implementation of EU funds in concrete projects at the national/regional level and is able to relate it to the content of other courses
- student identifies sources of the EU (co-) funding
- student distinguishes the various stages of preparation and implementation of the EU project
- student will be able to identify the reasons for the EU co-financing of national and regional projects
- student understands the organization and functioning of the various EU funds and related financial opportunities for co-financing of projects and programs of EU Member States
- student to be able to participate in the preparation and implementation of the EU project
- student understands the examples from the field of drawing of EU funds
- EU Financial Framework (past, present and future) and Slovenia
- Basis of EU cohesion policy and Slovenia
- Identifying opportunities for utilization of EU funds
- Understanding the national and EU financial guidelines
- Centralized and decentralized sources of EU funding
- Structural/Cohesion Fund (s) and other EU financial instruments
- The possibility of obtaining partners for EU projects
- Identification and preparation of project ideas for the Call
- The financial structure of the project
- Implementation of the project (co-) financed by EU funds
- Fundamental problems and errors in the application and implementation of the project (co-) financed by EU funds
- Case studies from Slovenia and the EU
- Stare, Aljaž. Projektni management: teorija in praksa. Ljubljana: Agencja Poti, (izbrana poglavje), 2012. 70 str.
- Aid Delivery Methods - Project Cycle Management Guidelines Vol 1. Evropska komisija: Bruselj, 2004. 50 str.
- Vodnik po financiranju EU za začetnike. Evropska komisija: Bruselj, 2016. 34 str.
- Smernice za prejemnike sredstev iz evropskih strukturnih in investicijskih skladov ter s tem povezanih instrumentov EU, Evropska komisija: Bruselj, 2014. 55 str.
- Uredba o porabi sredstev evropske kohezijske politike v Republiki Sloveniji v programskem obdobju 2014–2020 za cilj "naložbe za rast in delovna mesta„ (Uradni list RS št. 29/2015). 35 str.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
- Student is able to understand and to detect potential projects and their (co-)financing options by the EU, integration with the project management methods and problem solving, and critical overview/analysis of the unresolved issues within implementation of the EU (co-) funded project.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- student preparations for tutorials
- case study
- seminar paper
Type (examination, oral, coursework, project):
- written and/or oral exam (60%)
- seminar paper (40%)