0737 Organisational Behaviour
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 30
- Other forms of study: 90
- Individual work: 60
- Lecturer: Tatjana Kozjek, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- knows and understands the features of organizational behaviour in the organization,
- compare the impact of various relationships in the operation of the organisation,
- use various ways of establishing relations within the organization,
- analyse and deal with problematic situations,
- find and use appropriate elements of business communication.
- understanding the role of individuals and organizations in the field of organizational behaviour,
- ability of analytical and integrative thinking in the field of organizational behaviour,
- ability to integrate the various subjects in the field of organizational behaviour,
- ability to use skills of cooperation with colleagues and customer,
- mastering the basics of communication and public speaking.
- The definition of organisational behaviour individual and the organisation
- Informal organisation as a way of organisational behaviour
- Group work and team work
- Organisational culture and organisational climate
- The impact of managers and leaders in organizational behaviour
- Conflict within organisation
- Ethics and moral
- Decision making and behaviour
- Communication and the basis of rhetoric
- Ivanko, Š. (2007). Organizacijsko vedenje. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo.
- Ivanko, Š. (2013). Organizational Behavior. Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo.
- Wagner & Hellenbeck (2010). Organizationa Behavior Securing Competitive Advantage. New York: Taylor & Frances.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Students will be able to identify and understand the soft part of the organization: the changed role and importance of humans in the modern organization. Gain the fundamental knowledge of the impact of organizational variables on the soft performance of the organization. They will understand the importance of human behavioural characteristics of modern organizations and the basics of communication
5. Learning and teaching methods
- student preparations for lectures
- seminar paper
- project work
- Written and/or oral exam (condition: grade of the exam must be positive) (60%)
- Active collaboration (individual and/or group work, e-learning), seminar work (seminar paper, project work, account of the seminar work) (40%)
The final grade of the course is made out of those partial study works that student got them before the time of the written or/and oral exam was announced.