859 Evaluation and decision-making
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Anamarija Leben
1. Objectives and competences
- student argues different concepts and aspects of decision-making
- student applies different evaluation and decision-making multi-attribute methods
- student develops and applies appropriate hierarchical multi-attribute model
- student finds, justifies and applies an appropriate method for group decision-making
- ability to understand decision-making concepts and process
- ability to identify and fully define decision problem
- ability to develop a multi-attribute model and implement corresponding evaluation for a particular problem
- ability to apply an adequate group decision-making method to solve a particular decision problem
- Introduction to decision-making
- Decision-making process
- Multi-attribute methods for evaluation and decision-making
- Hierarchical multi-attribute methods
- Decision-making tools based on hierarchical multi-attribute models
- Characteristics of and methods for group decision-making
- Hierarchical multi-attribute models in group decision-making
- Group decision-making support systems and tools
- Examples of evaluation and decision-making support models and systems
- Bohanec, M. (2006). Odločanje in modeli. Ljubljana: DMFA-Založništvo, (izbrana poglavja, 200 str.).
- Jereb, E., Bohanec, M., & Rajkovič, V. (2003). DEXi: Računalniški program za večparametrsko odločanje. Kranj: Moderna organizacija.
- Leben, A. Metode in tehnike za podporo odločanja – priročnik za vaje (e-gradivo). Ljubljana: Fakulteta za upravo. Predviden izid: september 2013.
- Multi-criteria analysis: a manual. London Communities and Local Government Publication, January 2009 (izbrana poglavja, 100 str.).
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students will understand the importance and role of evaluation and decision-making. They will be able to select and apply different evaluation and decision-making support methods, techniques and systems to solve concrete problems (individually and in a group).
5. Learning and teaching methods
- lecturers and practical work in computer laboratory
- case study
- individual consultation
- final seminar paper and oral presentation