857 Environmental management
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Dušan Blaganje, MSc
1. Objectives and competences
- student understands the complexity of environmental protection and its connection to other fields and resolves individual environmental administrative matters according to disciplinary rules
- student as a representative of a business party, of an authority or public body in the field of environmental protection applies complex legal rules in assessing the facts and decision making
- student executes particular actions within normative, planning and administrative procedures in environmental matters
- student combines the legal framework of spatial planning, environmental protection and nature conservation and places it into practice by correct acting in various situations
- student uses environmental data bases, reads environmental reports and assesses existing and planned real and legal states in the environment
- student executes particular organisational and process activities in environmental procedures
- student conducts and decides in strategic environmental impact assessment procedures
- student conducts and decides in environmental administrative procedures
- Ecology and environmental protection
- Techniques of environmental protection
- Global actions for environmental protection
- Environmental protection in the Acquis c.
- International environmental treaties
- Slovene environmental law
- Soil protection
- Water protection
- Air protection
- Waste management
- Energy and natural resources management
- Environmental management – ISO 14001 & EMAS
- Environmental protection in spatial planning
- Environmental protection in development planning
- Environmental administrative procedures
- Blaganje, D. (20__). Študijsko gradivo – e učbenik (bo pripravljeno pred začetkom izvajanja predmeta).
- Lah, A. (2008) Svetovno potovanje v drugačno prihodnost in Leksikon gospodarjenja z okoljem.
- Viler Kovačič, A. (2010). Okoljevarstvena zakonodaja.
- Viler Kovačič, A. (2001).Ravnanje z odpadki.
- Viler Kovačič, A. (1999). Varstvo okolja in upravni postopki.
- Vujoševič, N. (2006). Vodilo za okoljske standarde ISO 14001 in EMAS.
- Anton, D. K., Shelton, D. (2011). Environmental protection and human rights.
- Giradet, H., Mendonça, M. (2009). A renewable world.
- Edwards, A. J. (2004). ISO 14001 environmental certification step by step - elektronski vir.
- European Union. European Commission. Directorate-General for Environment (2012). 3 x 3 good reasons for EMAS.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- knows, understands and implements in practice the legal framework and professional rules environmental protection;
- understands the interconnection of environmental protection, spatial and development planning and their EU and domestic legal framework and applies the rules in various activities, roles and situations;
- understands and applies the rules of environmental law in normative, planning and administrative procedures.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- written exam (100%)