737 Organizational Behavior
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 20
- Other forms of study: 70
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Tatjana Kozjek, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- discover the features of organizational behaviour in the organization
- compare the impact of various relationships in the operation of the organisation
- use various ways of establishing relations within the organization
- analyse and deal with problematic situations
- find and use appropriate elements of business communication.
- Ability to understand the role and importance of organizational behaviour.
- To be able for structuring, maintaining, control and predict employee's behaviour.
- Recognition of informal organization as a manner of organizational behaviour.
- Ability to create in use team work and motivation in contemporary organizations.
- Ability to know culture and clime within the organizations and its impact on the behaviour.
- To be able to recognise and solve conflicts in contemporary organization.
- Know the basis of ethic and moral and their influence upon employee's behaviour.
- Recognition and managing stress in contemporary organizations.
- Be able to understand the elements of environment and their effect on employee's behaviour.
1. Micro organizational behavior
- Personnel selection
- Personality an d individual differences in
- organizational behavior
- Motivation and Performance
2. Meso organizational behavior
- Group within organization
- Teams within organization
- Group dynamic an team effectiveness
- Communication, decesion making and negotiation
- Leadership of groups and organization
3. Macro organizational behavior
- Organizational structures and organizational
- Organizational culture
- Organizational development
- Organizational climate
4. International organizational behavior
- Ivanko, Š. (2007). Organizacijsko vedenje. Fakulteta za upravo, Ljubljana.
- Ivanko, Š. (2013). Organizational Behavior. Fakulteta za upravo. Ljubljana
- Wagner & Hellenbeck (2010). Organizationa Behavior Securing Competitive Advantage. Taylor & Frances, New York
4. Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
- Recognition and understanding the role and importance of employees’ behaviour.
- To be able to structuring, maintaining. Controlling in predicting employee's behaviour in contemporary organizations.
- Know and able to manage interconnecting action agents, affected organizational behaviour in contemporary organizations.
- Ability use knowledge and skills of organizational behaviour in contemporary organization.
- Active and critical evaluation and reflecting events of organizational behaviour in contemporary organization.
- Critical evaluation skills and experiences of organizational behaviour in contemporary organization.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Lectures, seminar, case studies
- Written exam, (50%)
- Seminar paper (50%)