768 Business German
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Tutorial: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Margit Horvath
1. Objectives and competences
Student is able to:
- address foreign business partners in accordance with the code of business practice in German speaking countries and make small talk in German,
- welcome visitors in accordance with the business meeting etiquette,
- present a company, departments, field of work and responsibilities,
- write e-mail messages (invitation, apology, reservation, etc.),
- make basic conversation on the phone in various business situations.
Student is able to:
- use the essential business language with German speaking customers in different standard business situations,
- show competence in reading and listening business German at elementary level,
- show business German writing skills at elementary level,
- uses online sources for lifelong learning of German.
- Making contact, introductions, code of business practice in German speaking countries,
- Invitation to a business appointment,
- Company visit,
- Presentation of a company, departments, field of work and responsibilities,
- Offering help and giving information,
- Invitation to a business lunch, socializing,
- Using the phone,
- Business correspondence,
- Making appointments/confirmation,
- Changing arrangements,
- Business trip planning,
- Hotel booking.
- Margit Horvath, Poslovni tuji jezik II – nemščina, 2010/2011, 100 str., (študijsko gradivo)
- Dreyer, M., Schmidt, K., Nemška slovnica z nalogami, Verlag für Deutsch, 2002, 100 str.
- dvojezični spletni slovarji na www.pons.si, spletni tečaj nemščine
4. Intended learning outcomes
Student straightens the basic knowledge of general German and gains the elementary terminology of business language.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Practical work
- Short presentations
- Role playing
- Coursework and active class particip (15%).
- Tests (25%)
- Written exam (60%)