755 History of Administration in Slovenia
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Stane Granda, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the comparative history of administration, its general and specific features in Slovenia, and the administrative heritage (Roman, Germanic and Hungarian) that today influences it. Special focus is given on the relations between the development of self-government and administration, including organisational forms and the predominant legal theories in this field.
- Emphasis is given on the history of administrative ethics, such as differences between feudal, bourgeois, Balkan-Byzantine, socialist and democratic legal practice, particularly in terms of political parties.
- Students visit the national archive, where they are acquainted with the archive network, the age of material, archiving methods and modern dilemmas in electronic archiving.
- Students gain the ability to understand complex issues, problems and content in the history of public administration.
- Students should be able to master knowledge on the history of administrative development, which should enable them to potentially identify future developments in administrative practice, particularly in Slovenia.
- Administration as a general achievement of civilisation
- Origin and development of administration within the territory of modern-day Slovenia
- Most important phases and features of administrative development in Slovenia
- Comparative view of administration within the territory of modern-day Slovenia
- Systemic placement and definition of administration in Slovenia after the First and Second World War
- Status and role of the administration in the process of Slovenia’s formation as a democratic state based on the rule of law
- Vilfan, Sergij (2007): Uvod v pravno zgodovino (ponatis 2. izd.). Ljubljana, Uradni list RS (159 str.)
- Vilfan, Sergij (1996): Pravna zgodovina Slovencev (ponatis 1. izd.). Ljubljana, Slovenska matica. (izbrana poglavja, skupaj cca. 180 od 567 str.)
- Kopač, Janez (2006): Lokalna oblast na Slovenskem v letih 1945 -1955. Ljubljana, Zgodovinski arhiv (izbrana poglavja, skupaj cca. 60 od 383 str. )
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students learn about the role and meaning of administration in connection to formation of various autonomous communities, institutions, nations and states.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- tutored individual study
Optional: coursework or oral exam (100%)