743 Business Communication
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Janez Stare, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- argue the different concepts of communication
- applies different models of business communication
- applies different methods and techniques of business communication
- find appropriate elements of communicating with customers
- find the similarities and differences in business communication between the public and private sector
- ability to understand different aspects of communication
- ability to design of model of business communication
- management of methods and techniques of business communication
- ability to use ICT in business communication
- ability to communicating with internal and external customers.
- Role and importance of business communication
- Communications process, concepts and communication skills
- Verbal communication and listening
- Nonverbal communication
- Appearance and presentation
- Business conversations, meetings and negotiations
- Written business communication
- Communicating by telephone
- Relationships with internal and external public
- Business protocol
- Special features of communication in public administration
- Možina, S., Tavčar, M., Zupan, N., Kneževič, A., N.: Poslovno komuniciranje : evropske razsežnosti. Maribor, Obzorja, založništvo in izobraževanje, 2004. Izbrana poglavja 250 strani.
- Florjančič, J., Ferjan, M.: Management poslovnega komuniciranja. Moderna organizacija, Kranj. 2000. Izbrana poglavja 50 strani.
- Kavčič, B.: Poslovno komuniciranje. Ljubljana : Ekonomska fakulteta, 2002. Izbrana poglavja 50 strani.
- Benedetti, K.: Protokol, simfonija forme. Planet GV, Ljubljana, 2008. Izbrana poglavja 100 strani.
- Bovee, C. L., Thill, J. V.: Business Communication Today. (9th Edition), Prentice Hall, 2007. Izbrana poglavja 100 strani.
4. Intended learning outcomes
Students will understand the importance and role of business communication. They also will develop the concepts of communication and identify appropriate methods and techniques of business communication in individual cases.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- (group) presentation
- case study
- problem based learning
- individual tutorial
- written (and / or oral) examination, may be conducted with two term examinations (both positive) (70%)
- coursework (30%)
- Final assessment of the course is the sum of the time commitments (oral exam, written exam) and other partial estimates of commitments for this period.