742 European Union Policy
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Mihael Brejc, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- is familiar with EU policies
- understand the roles of fathers of EU policies
- understands the principle of subsidiarity
- ability to understand the formation processes of EU policies
- ability to analyze concrete examples of EU policies
- use of information systems of the European institutions to develop specific analysis of EU policy.
- Competence of the European Union (The Treaty of Lisbon)
- The role of the EU Member States' authorities, NGOs, lobbyists and others in EU policy
- EU decision-making processes
- Review of the EU policy areas of competence
- MOUSSIS Nicholas: Access to European Union: law, economics, policies. Rixensart, European Study Service, 2008.
- Uredbe, direktive in drugi dokumenti na področju politik EU.
- Brejc, Mihael, Prvi mandat, Inštitut Jožeta Pučnika, Ljubljana 2009
4. Intended learning outcomes
The student understands the legal basis of the European Union, the influential factors of formation of EU policies and the effects of European Union legislation in the Member States.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- individual tutorial
written (and / or oral) examination (100%)