722 Electronic Record Management Systems in Public Administration
- Study programme and level: Professional degree programme Administration 1nd Cycle
- 2nd or 3th year
- 6 ECTS
- Course type: Elective
- Lectures: 15
- Individual work: 165
- Lecturer: Mitja Dečman, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- Learns basic areas of electronic record management systems (ERMS).
- Can analyse elements of ERMS and their roles.
- Knows legal bases and standards for ERMS in e-government.
- Can solve a concrete problem case that might be a situation in his future job.
- Knows issues of record management and concept of document life cycle.
- Develops capabilities of correlating gained knowledge in the area of information science in public administration with areas of law, organisation, economy and policies.
- Understands the contents of ERMS and examples in practice.
- Recognizes standards and legal norms in the area of record management and ERMS.
- Can correlate electronic record management with other areas of e-business (security, long term preservation, etc.).
- Evaluates existing ERMS systems in Slovenian public administration and those offered in the market.
- Can interpret and understand projects of development and implementations of ERMS in the public administration and take an active part in it.
- Description of record management and the role of ERMS in it
- Tools and systems for record management
- Standards in the field of record management
- Integration of ERMS with other systems in organisation
- Planning and Implementation of ERMS
- Slovenian legislation in the field of record management and electronic records in public administration
- Azad Adam, Implementing Electronic Document and Record Management Systems, ISBN-10: 0849380596, 280 strani.
- Izbrana poglavja v obsegu do 150 strani v Michael J. D. Sutton, Document Management for the Enterprise: Principles, Techniques, and Applications, ISBN-10: 0471147192.
- MoReq : model zahtev za upravljanje elektronskih dokumentov, 96 strani.
- Zborniki posvetovanj v organizaciji Slovenskega društva za informatiko (Dnevi slovenske informatike), društva MediaDoc (Dok_sis) in drugo.
- Podatkovni viri na internetu, specializirani spletni portali.
4. Intended learning outcomes
- Have basic knowledge in the area of electronic record management and electronic record management systems.
- Know standards and legal norms in this field.
- Are capable of understanding and solve questions in the area of record management through the whole record life cycle.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- seminar paper
- Individual consultations
- written exam (70%)
- seminar work (30%)