Analysis of the Social Responsibility Perfomance in the Public Sector
- Study programme and level:The joint doctoral study programme Governance and Economics in the Public Sector (third cycle)
- 2nd year
- 5 ECTS
- Course type: Elective course
- Lectures: 20
- Seminar: 20
- Other forms of study: 20
- Individual work: 90
- Lecturer: Neda Vitezić, PhD
1. Objectives and competences
- acquire knowledge on theoretical aspects of public sector functioning in sutainable devlopment environment,
- understand the conecpt of socially responsible performance adjusted for public sector,
- learn to apply analythical methods for assessing the public sector reputation.
2. Content (Syllabus outline)
- Theoretical notions of public sector performance in sutainable development environment
- Stakeholder theory in the public sector
- Socially responsible public performance- economic, environmental and social aspect. Triple bottom line concept
- Analythical methods for assessment of efficiency and effectiveness of public sector
- Models and methods for measuring reputation of public sector institutions
- Phillips, R: Stakeholder Theory and Organizational Ethics , 2003.
- Davies, A.: Best Practices in Corporate Governance - Building Reputation and Sustainable Success, Gower Publishing Company, 2006.
- Bruijn,H.: Managing Performance in the Public Sector, Routledge, London, 2002.
- Crane,A.; Matten,D., Moon,J.: Corporations and Citizenship, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Scientific articles
4. Intended learning outcomes
Student will be fully acquainted with research concepts and methods of social responsibility performance in the public sector. Student will be able to analyse and further develop social responsibility performance in the public sector.
5. Learning and teaching methods
- Lectures in class room with discussions depending of theme.
- Individual research for exam.
Lecture attendance 10%
Oral exam 50%