2022 Personal development seminar
- Study programme and level: Master’s Degree Programme Administration- Public sector governance 2nd Cycle
- 2nd year
- 4 ECTS
- Course type: Core
- Lectures: 21
- Seminar: /
- Other forms of study: 59
- Individual work: 40
- Lecturer: Tatjana Kozjek, PhD
2. Content (Syllabus outline)
- Career and understanding of career paths
- Self-Assessment and Awareness
- Personal and professional goal assessment
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- Personal effectiveness
- Self-Promotion and networking
- Business etiquette
- Preparation of materials for employment
- Job search
- Job interview
- Professionalism in the Business World
- Personal and Professional development
- Brown, D. (2011). Career Information, Career Counseling and Career Development (11th Edition), The Merrill Counseling.
- Mihalič, R. (2011). Kako razvijam kariero. Ljubljana: Mihalič in Partner, založba poslovne literature.
- Maurya, A. (2015). Delaj vitko. Ljubljana: Založba Pasadena.
- Košnik, B. (2007). 24 ur poslovnega bontona. Ljubljana: Astra, d.o.o. (izbrana poglavja 140 strani)
- Benedetti, K. (2008). Protokol, simfonija forme. Ljubljana: Planet GV (Izbrana poglavja 200 strani
4. Objectives and competences
- understands the importance of career planning,
- masters various techniques of communication,
- understands the importance of self-promotion and networking,
- knows the business etiquette,
- masters different techniques of the job interview.
- understanding the role and importance of career planning,
- ability of verbal and nonverbal communication,
- understanding the role of self-promotion and networking
- ability of presenting,
- ability of business cooperation
5. Intended learning outcomes
The student knows the methods and techniques career planning and developing. It is capable of written, verbal and nonverbal communication and use effective presentation techniques. Based on the knowledge acquired knows the characteristics of the job interview and business cooperation. The student is able to create a personal career plan and understand the importance of self-promotion and networking.
6. Learning and teaching methods
- practical work
- coursework / project work
- appearance and presentation
- case study
- problem based learning
- individual tutorial
- Written and/or oral exam (condition: grade of the exam must be positive)
- Active collaboration (individual and/or group work, e-learning), seminar work (seminar paper, project work, account of the seminar work)
When the final grade of the course is made, came into account those partial study works that student got them before the time of the written or/and oral exam was announced.
8. Lecturer's references
- Kozjek, T. (2014). Varnost zaposlenih v Sloveniji v letu 2011 = Employee security in Slovenia in 2011. V: Setnikar-Cankar, S. (ur.), Stare, J. (ur.), Pevcin, P. (ur.). Ekonomika in menedžment v javnem sektorju v razmerah gospodarske krize, (Upravna misel). 1. natis. Ljubljana: Univerza v Ljubljani, Fakulteta za upravo, str. 15-26. [COBISS.SI-ID 4436654]
- Kozjek, T., Tomaževič, N., Stare, J. (2014). Work-life balance by area, actual situation and expectations: the overlapping opinions of employers and employees in Slovenia. Organizacija, 47(1), str. 35-51. ISSN 1318-5454. organizacija.fov.uni-mb.si/index.php/organizacija/article/download/547/984.doi: 10.2478/orga-2014-0004. [COBISS.SI-ID 4303278].
- Tomaževič, N., Kozjek, T., Stare, J. (2015). Does a voluntary job change affect work-family balance. International business research, 8(2), str. 1-15. ISSN 1913-9004.doi: 10.5539/ibr.v8n2p1.[COBISS.SI-ID 4528046].
- Kozjek, T., Ferjan, M. (2015). Organizational flexibility, employee security and organizational efficiency: a case study of Slovenian public and private sector organizations. Organizacija, 48(1), str. 3-22. ISSN 1318-5454. organizacija.fov.uni-mb.si/index.php/organizacija/article/view/610/1034.doi: 10.1515/orga-2015-0001. [COBISS.SI-ID 7408403].