EEA&Norway Grants Intensive programme/Summer school 2015: "Challenges in Public Administration – Transformation for the Future"
Upgrade your knowledge within the field of public administration. During two weeks you will gain a multidisciplinary knowledge in the fields of management, economics, organization, law and political science, that address contemporary issues related to the current challenges in public administration. 2015 edition: August 16 – 28.
- 10-day programme held in English
- 9 ECTS awarded, when programme completed
- students and lecturers from all over Europe, networking
- study visits to important institutions of public administration in Slovenia
- field trips to different parts of Slovenia, from the Alps to the Adriatic sea
- take part in “Eco friendly” initiative, environment-friendly oriented summer school
The main objectives of this intensive programme are to provide students of different cultural and country-specific academic backgrounds with upgraded knowledge on the challenges in public administration (PA) that various PA units are facing in current and will face in the future environment. Specifically, the objective is to introduce the topics that are aiming at the future challenges of PA, like transformation of public management, innovation adaptation, PA and crisis persistence etc.
Primož Pevcin, Ph.D., Project Coordinator & Head of Programme
- Module 1: English for Academic Purposes
- Module 2: Public Administration and Public Services: Modernization & Challenges
- Module 3: Public Administration and Crisis: Institutions & Policies
- Module 4: Creativity and Innovations in Public Administration
- Module 5: Trends in Public Management and Organization
Main activities: In-class lectures, workshops, case studies, study visits, seminar (working) paper preparations and presentations, problem-based learning and debate, as well as rich social programme.
Final-year students from bachelor's (first-cycle) and students from master's (second-cycle) degree programmes in different fields of study, although the topics are specifically tailored predominantly for students of public administration, public management, public policy and administrative informatics study programmes.
Students need very good language skills in English (at least B2 on the CERF scale).
You will have a chance to work with lecturers from 6 different countries.
The list of universities which are partners in this summer school
- using less paper (e-study materials, mobile application>>)
- every student gets a reusable bottle
- considering alternate transportation as much as possible
- being energy efficient
- use waste bins for separate waste collection
- cleaning up a part of Ljubljana – the faculty’s surroundings
- plant a tree in front of the Faculty - "plant a new life"
Get more information about daily schedule
You can apply and get information about
deadlines, study fee and hospitality package
Get more information about location, venue and accomodation and other useful tips.
We've gathered up some impressions. Put them in the proper shape to present you the fun we'd had.
The best of the best.
Check out what was going on in previous summer schools
“This project has been funded with support from the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009 – 2014 and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009 – 2014 between the Republic of Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Slovenia. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the project funders cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.“